Thursday, February 23, 2012

5 months!

My goodness, I seriously cannot believe Graham is 5 months old.  Time is flying.  Everyone told me it would, but I seriously had no clue he'd grow this fast.  I see him with other newborns or little babies and it breaks my heart that he's not little anymore.  But, he's still my baby and he's at such a FUN age.  His little personality is really starting to shine.  Of course, a new mom, can't just choose one picture.  So, here are a few and some 5 month updates on our little guy. 
When we went to our 4 month check up, Graham was in the 90th percentile for both weight and height.  He's for sure up to 20 pounds now and is at least 27inches long.  He's taking after his daddy!  We started him on rice cereal twice a day and you can't shovel that stuff in fast enough for him.  He loves it! 
He's wearing all sorts of sizes in clothes...it all depends on where they are from.  Old Navy he's in the 6-12 month clothes.  Any Carters or any other brand though we have to buy a size up.  He's a big healthy boy! 
He has definitely found his voice!  I'll set him down on his changing table and he'll just talk and talk and talk....and scream too!  He's always so happy and really never fusses unless he's sleepy.  I think he's taking after his calm and relaxed daddy too.  I'm totally ok with that!  Everyone keeps telling me what a great baby I have...I'll take it and pray all my babies are the same!
His sleeping is really hit or miss.  Last night he slept all night from about 9-6.  We always put him down a bit later on Wednesday nights because of church and I think he's just worn out so that helps.  Sometimes he goes all night, other times he's up twice a night.  Either way, Clint and I take turns with the feedings so it's not that bad.  He always takes a good morning nap...most days we take that together on the couch.  It's one of my most favorite parts of every day.  I still rock him to sleep every night.  We were thinking about the whole, put him to bed when he's still barely awake so he'll learn to go to sleep on his own in his own crib, but I just can't seem to put him down.  Rocking with him is by far my most favorite part of the day.  He's only little and rockable for a few more months so I'm taking advantage...I'm sure I'll regret it later!
He doesn't have any teeth yet, but it will be any day, I'm sure.  His little hands are constantly in his mouth and every toy he grabs goes straight to his mouth.  He sucks on his bottom lip too, it's pretty cute! 
We're so blessed to have Graham in our lives.  We were talking just today how we remember the day we found out he was a boy, and now he's 5 months old.  It's crazy how fast it's gone.  Up next, a journal about our trip to Abilene!

No comments: