Monday, June 05, 2006

I need a vacation

I appologize to all my five faithful readers for my lack of blogging lately. I've been busy! Since my last post, Clint and I did celebrate our 2nd anniversary. I was busy typing away in my office when I heard all the ladies in the front giggling about something. The next thing I know there is a huge bouquet taking over my desk. Although I was a bit embarassed, Clint did a wonderful job of giving me love and attention that day. Lauren and Scott got married on May 20th and the wedding was great. Clint once again performed the ceremony, and once again got many compliments on how wonderful he spoke. I loved spending time with friends and seeing all of Clint's family. Congrats Lauren and Scott!

I've been busy planning VBS and recruiting people to help. Clint has put up flyers all over town, and has knocked on almost every door in Tulia. Last week me and the women of the casserole club cut out 400 puzzle pieces among a variety of other projects. Preparing for a VBS is extremely hard work! But it's finally here...our VBS started Sunday night and I was happy with the turn out. When I'm with children, being silly, and learning about God...I'm in my element. I love it!

I decided to get my hair cut here in Tulia finally. I've been driving back and forth to Amarillo to get it cut and that finally had to stop. I went to the local beauty salon in Tulia (there's only one) and let me tell you...it was just like the movies! If you've seen Steel Magnolias then you know exactly what I'm talking about. When I was getting my hair washed the girl next to me was ranting and raving about how her boyfriend just got thrown into jail and totally ruined her birthday. This town is definately a mission field for us.

On Thursday we leave for Linds and Brent's wedding and I couldn't be more excited! I can't wait to see friends that I haven't seen in so long! After that wedding, Clint and I are flying to San Diego for a week vacation! I'm looking forward to that as well! Enjoy your next few weeks...I'll be on vacation!

3 comments:

ewall said...

much love to you kat burns. i hope you have a wonderful vacation! you are a blessing and i miss you :) anyone who would ever call you overrated is just ridiculous. you are highly rated.

JENNY said...

Have a great vacation, Kat!! That sounds great!

I wish we could go to Linds' wedding next weekend, but we're still here in Dallas and won't be able to make it. Have fun!

Love you!

Kenli Shea said...

Great seeing you this weekend, wish we could have spent way more time together.