Saturday, June 23, 2007

On Golden Pond...

Well, we're back from vacation...it was awesome! I wasn't sure why Clint's family picked New Hampshire for vacation this summer, but once we got there we all understood. We had a cabin that was on Squam Lake. My in-laws kept telling us that it's where the movie "On Golden Pond" was filmed, but none of us kids had even heard of that movie...so we weren't too excited. The best part about the vacation was that I only put makeup on one time, and only fixed my hair twice. We lounged around on the lake everyday and just relaxed.

It's so easy for me to get caught up in my daily routine here in Abilene and forget to stop and notice what God's doing in my life. I was able this past week to be calm, and realize what He has planned for me. It's so refreshing to be centered again.

Here are a few pictures of the vacation. I wanted to post pictures of the day we went water skiing, but I will spare you all the misery of my thighs. Oh and one more thing....we spent all of Monday and Tuesday in the lake just playing around, skiing, and boating so I was obviously in the sun all day. Well...I woke up Wednesday morning and something had gone completely wrong. My lips were the size of Angelina Jolee's. I had an allergic reaction to the sun and they swelled up three times their normal size. Again, no need to post pictures of that. Luckily, I'm all better now.

Passport, ACU's student orientation is this week. Where has the summer gone? I'm so excited to finally get to meet the kids that I've been recruiting this whole year. They are long days, but well worth it. Enjoy the pictures! Clint was reluctant to take this picture...but I made him.
All the kids after water skiing...(notice I'm standing on a box...I'll never be as tall as the Burns family!)

Clint and I in front of the little pub we ate at one night. The towns around us were so cute and just like I imagined New England to be.


Rusty, Scott and Clint in the canoe....they tipped the boat over only moments after this picture. Although we lauged a lot a first, it was quite scary for the 20 minutes it took them to swim back to shore with the canoe.




Lake Squam, right off of our dock.



Clint and I about to take the canoe out.





The whole family after hiking up Rattle Snake Mountain. The view was incredible.






8 comments:

JENNY said...

WOW! I love your pictures. What a gorgeous place to vacation! I like that you stood on blocks for the sibling picture. haha! love and miss you!!

Katie said...

Yay for a fun vacation! You are so lucky you can look good w/ no makeup on! I miss you, hope passport goes great! Has clint already signed up for k4? let me know!
love you!

ewall said...

kat, this looks so fun! Glad y'all had a great vacation! much love to you--

Allison said...

Oh my goodness I want to go right now! That sounds like the definition of VACATION! Love all the pictures!!! I want a pic of those lips! :)

Chelsie Sargent said...

Love all the pictures- glad you had a great time!!

Cris said...

1. I miss you.
2. I always wanted to take a vacation in New Hampshire. I never knew why. I'm so jealous...
3. I think Lauren wears that Siggie formal t-shirt in every picture taken of her. Ever.
4. Did I mention I miss you? And Carol?

leslie said...

I love the pictures! And... I have seen On Golden Pond and LOVED it. Did ya'll watch it on vacation? I'll watch it with you if you want to rent it. I'm a huge dork, I know. Please still be my BFF.

Ashley said...

What a fun vaca! :) It looks like yall had fun! How is the new house? I hope your summer is going well!