Friday, July 20, 2007

I've been a bad blogger lately. I think that we're all in agreement, that it's not that we don't want to blog...it's just that we don't have anything to blog about. And what's a post without pictures....so I waited til I could make a triumphant come back. This is it!

Lindsay had the wonderful idea of making these last few weeks of summer really feel like summer. So we've been doing summer type things...laying out, swimming, walking...well that's about it, but we still have a month to go! A few weeks ago, we decided to take Lindsay's dog, Norm, swimming with us. Nobody else was out at the pool and Norm did so well. He would just bounce around the whole pool and get so close to jumping...but he never did. Here's a shot of him wanting to jump! Don't mistake him for horse...he is a dog, promise.



I got to babysit Riley a few weeks ago as well. We were just sitting in the chair chillin, and then all of a sudden the chips I was eating were all over me. It was priceless. How can you get mad at that face?



Leslie celebrated her birthday as well! Happy Birthday Leslie! We treated her to lunch and pedicures that afternoon and enjoyed our girl time together.



This past week has been SO crazy! I couldn't resist being on the ACU campus and not being a part of camp. So..I worked out a plan to still work 40 hours a week and lead a Learning to Lead group. It was difficult at times, but very much worth it. I've discovered that I'm not as crazy as I used to be when I was a counselor. I was more of a sit back and let others go crazy type leader this week...nothing like I used to be! Leslie and I got to lead a group of 4th and 5th graders and they were absolutely precious! I'm always amazed at how much they know about the Bible and how much they know about life in general. Leslie and I laughed a lot this week, and it was so good to be a part of camp again. It's interesting to see how a 4th grader can influence your life in so many ways. The Lord was definitely at work within me, and hopefully within the campers as well.

Here's a picture of our group during one of the class times.


We got to choose our group color....of course we chose Hot Pink! We matched almost everyday! Oh and as we walked around the campus all week with our 4th and 5th graders we would always chant, "Drop it like it's hot...pink!" I'm not sure they got it...but we loved it!



Another picture of class time.



Here they are...the Hot Pink Panthers! Drop it like it's hot pink!



So that's it. Clint is leading a group at Kadesh this week with the famous Brenna Schartz. That group will be out of control! He's excited to be back in that atmosphere again as well.

On a sad note, a lady in our church passed away this morning. She was elderly and in the hospital when she died with her husband right by her side. She was a precious example of what truly serving the Lord looked like. Clint will perform her funeral on Tuesday. He's a bit nervous about it...being his first one, but I know that the Lord will bless him. Pray for him if you get a second on Tuesday afternoon. That's all for now...more to come!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun Abilene summer!

Sarah said...

I am not sure if I have posted on your blog, but I wanted you to know I was reading it and I love it. Glad you and Clint are doing so great and that you love your job. Sounds like you are loving life!

JENNY said...

I love that you are "living it up" this summer, Kat! I wish I could lead a camp group. I bet Melanie does, too. Oh, and Lindsay's dog is huge...haha! Your pictures are great.

Allison said...

I am with Ashley...sounds like such a FUN Abilene summer!

Anonymous said...

sorry its not true anymore... star gazer is more like it... glad i got to comment on your blog. now let's go to dinner. bye