Saturday, March 08, 2008

Only in Abilene...

I've said it time after time...but this time, I REALLY mean it. I just love living in Abilene. Students ask me all the time what is there to do in this town...well, everything. The weekend started off small with all the girls going out to celebrate a few things...we started off painting pottery in this cute little shop and then ended up at Abuelo's for dinner.





Now...here's the juicy stuff. Linds, Johnna, David and I headed out to Rattlesnake Roundup in Sweetwater. Redneck! Our first stop was to the Dandy Western Wear to get me some boots, and then on to the festivities. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves on this one. We not only got to watch the snakes, but got to pet them and could even eat them if we wanted to...the line was an hour long or we SO would have done it. The highlight of the day was riding the mechanical bull...probably one of my prouder moments in life. Enjoy the pictures...and join us next year!











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And how long did you manage to stay on that mechanical bull??

Mom :)

Jake Moudy said...

sweetness I like the pictures of the snakes, they look like rattlers hope that nobody got biten

Melanie said...

Ha That is so funny that ya'll did that!! And scary/sick! I miss Abilene every now and then... really just the people but I like the so pace of the town. P.S. I started a new blog today!

Melanie said...

Oh and I meant to ask... how did you get that cool header at the top of your blog? I still haven't figured out how to customize! Teach me your ways!

Katie said...

umm new update, please.