Thursday, May 17, 2012

Celebrate!

I remember driving around with one of my roommates in college and we were talking about what kind of jobs we wanted to have in just a few short years.  I remember saying....I don't know exactly what I want to do, but I know I want to be a mom at some point.  I didn't have the slightest idea of what being a mom really meant then, but I knew I wanted to do it.  I'm so blessed that little Graham made me a momma.  I'm so thankful to be his momma too.  
 It's definitely a new type of job for me, though.  With my job at ACU, we're rewarded and encouraged often.  You have to be in sales.  So I always loved the free lunches, days off, little afternoon treats etc.  Being a mom, you're rewarded differently.  The rewards don't come monetarily...in fact, we have less money since Graham was born.  The rewards definitely aren't days off...in fact, you don't ever get a day off from being a mom.  And little afternoon treats are when a nap lasts 20 minutes longer than I thought it would. 
 But...my job at home with Graham is far more important than bringing any student to ACU.  The rewards are much larger, much sweeter.  I love watching students choose ACU.  I love watching them during their first year.  They make new friends, change their major that they told me was their life dream, date each other, experience life in a whole new way.  It's rewarding to know that you had a little something to do with them being at ACU. 
 But gosh.  It's far more humbling to watch Graham learn and explore every day.  It's fun watching him try to walk in his John Deer tractor (above).  It was so exciting watching him pull up on his crib for the first time (below).  My heart just melts every night when he falls asleep in my arms.  This job of being a momma, Graham's momma, is again, far more rewarding than any earthly job.  It's a far greater task to take care of one little babe than to bring 100 to ACU. 
 Graham, thank you for making me a mom.  It's my most favorite job in the world.  You make it all worth it.  Those smiles, giggles, silly faces and babbling words are music to my
You are loved sweet, boy. 
                 And here's to 8 year with this sweet boy, too!  Love you both dearly. 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Makes my heart so happy! Thanks for giving me my first grandson! Love learning all about little boys. Love all three of you!