Friday, January 11, 2008

Who wants it?

Ok...so here's the story. I planned a quick trip to Lubbock to eat dinner with some students. I left Abilene about 3:30 and made it to Lubbock around 6, just in time for dinner. I may have noticed that my car was overheating the entire time I was driving, but I just wanted to get there, so I pressed on. There may or may not have been some smoke coming from my car at one point, but that's beside the point. I enjoyed a yummy dinner at Pei Wei in Lubbock (probably not on the diet plan, but I'm over it.)

So, I call some friends of ours in Lubbock to come check out my car. Around 10, I decide that I probably shouldn't drive back to Abilene that night. So, I stayed with them...no clothes, no toothbrush, no anything! My plan was to have the car to the mechanic by 7:30, they'll fix it by 9, and I'll be back on the road by 9:30.

Man, that would have been so perfect. Instead, it's 11:30 in the morning and my car won't be done until 5 this afternoon. Awesome. I mean wearing the same clothes for over 24 hours, not having any foundation for my face, not having a CHI hair straightener....it's everything I dreamed today would be. So, if you're in Lubbock come find me.

So, my first priority when I get back to Abilene is to sell my car! Who wants it? I'm buying a new one...somehow, somewhere, I'm getting something new. It would be a great first car for a 16 year old, just someone buy it. This is what it looks like:






You want it, don't you. Anyway, more to come about new resolutions, and all that stuff. Enjoy the weekend, hopefully I'll make it home soon!

3 comments:

AM said...

Hey Kat.

My husband and I are living in Abilene, we have been a one car family for a long time but now that my hubby is out of the military and around more we are looking for a used car in the gently used to beater range. If you are naming a price we'll listen. :)

sh0rtclare@aol.com

-Analee

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Sorry you had such a CRAZY day! Can't wait to hear about your resolutions :)

Kenli Shea said...

You never called. Whatever, I am over it.