Friday, April 11, 2008

So get this...

This past weekend I was in Amarillo doing a little recruiting for the dear Christian College. Of course, since it's my hometown, I decided to go home a little early to get some good shopping done before the recruiting began. It's that time of the year...you know about every 6 months when you have to do the awful...shopping for new bras. So, there I was in Dillards trying on every bra.

I just realized this might be a little too personal for some, but stay with me. I'm trying them on one after another, but can't seem to find any that I like. So...I decide to get the lady who actually claims she is a "professional measurer." Whatever that means. So, my mom goes and gets her. She comes back to the dressing room and awkwardly stretches the measuring tape around my chest. While never making eye contact with each other, she tells me my size and I try not to cry.

I take her advice and go back out into the store to try to find a 38E....yeah right, just kidding. We're not that good of friends. While I'm busy searching
for my size, I decide to text my good friend Linds what I have just encountered. The text read something like this...

"She just told me I was a (insert size here)...I hate my life."

I buy some bras, eat dinner and call it a night. The next day, I go to my home church in Amarillo. I'm busy doing my ACU thing...talking to students, wearing purple and white, handing out t-shirts, the typical stuff. I get up to talk to the students and start talking about how ACU is the first school in the nation to give their students iPhones. There was a kid on the front row who almost had a heart attack when he heard this...literally he almost fell over in his chair.

So, after class was over, the blonde freshmen came up to talk to me. Here's how the conversation went:

Awkward kid: "Is it true ACU is really giving their students iPhones?"
Me: "Yeah, pretty cool huh. Here, why don't you play with mine while I pack up my bags."
Awkward kid: "Really....sweet!"

He proceeds to grab my phone out of my hands before I could even finish my last sentence. You know where this is going....I begin packing up my bags and I finish talking to some other students who I haven't seen yet. I make my way back over to him.....he has already checked my e-mail, logged on to my facebook account, taken a picture of himself, and read the last text message that I sent!

Yep, he sure did read it. Awesome.

5 comments:

JENNY said...

haha! That is hilarious. What a weird boy. haha!

Anonymous said...

Best story I've heard all week! Thanks for the laugh!!

Kenli Shea said...

That was awesome, sorry that all of amarillo's high schoolers now know your bra size. haha.

Liss and MOMMY said...

ACU is coming up with some crazy new recruiting ways. That reminds me of a story...

Allison said...

OK...I read this a while back and did not have a chance to comment then. AND then I forgot...

I HAVE TO SAY that this was one of the funniest stories that I have ever read. I laughed and laughed. Even when I left the computer and thought about it, I laughed again.

Poor boy!!! I bet you made his day!