Wednesday, September 14, 2011

38 week update

Well, I said I would post a picture last week of 37 weeks...that didn't happen.  And it probably won't happen this week either, unless I'm feeling skinny....so, doubt it!  One more comment to add to last weeks list....

Walked into church this week and a sweet older lady says, "Kat, are we going to have to get you a wheelbarrow?"  Bless. 

We did see our doctor last week and baby Graham is measuring big....shocking, I know.  My uterus had grown double what it should have in the 2 weeks since we last saw him.  So....we go back to the doctor tomorrow and if Graham had another growth spurt then we'll do a sonogram to see exactly how big he is.  Then, at that point, we'll decide if Graham is too big for me.  When our doctor told us that last week, I had it in my head that I'd probably be induced or C-section early next week...but now, I'm not so sure.  I'd love it if he came a bit early, but I've resigned myself to hanging in another 2 weeks if I have to. 

Ultimately it's something I can't control...and if you know me at all...that's hard for me.  I'm definitely learning to lean on the daily presence of the Lord and taking one day at a time.  Bless sweet Graham for helping me learn that lesson.  I'm sure Graham will show me more about the Lord in the coming weeks, months and years.  I pray that Clint and I can do the same for him.

So...here's to big babies, a possible 2 more weeks of awkward comments, cleaning every one of my apothecary jars when just a small finger print shows up (nesting, big time!), and the Lord's sweet blessings.  

No comments: