Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How is my baby 6 months?

Sweet baby boy, how can you be 6 months old?  Time is flying.  Just thinking back to 6 months ago brings tears to my eyes.  I can't remember my life without you.  To say you are a JOY in our lives is an understatement.  You have grown so much right before our eyes and I can't imagine how much more you'll grow in the coming months.  Here are some of your 6 month stats:
 You can roll over from your tummy to your back and you are SO close to rolling from your back to your tummy.  You push and push, and then give up right when you've almost got it.  You'll have your two front bottom teeth any day now.  You've been a little fussy because of that...and drooling like crazy!  You're still a good eater.  You eat cereal twice a day and we've just started those yummy veggies!  But...you haven't liked your first bites of avocados.  We'll try something new tomorrow though!  You caught a pretty bad cold last week, but the doctor told us it was just viral.  It was so sad to hear you breath so heavily over the monitor.  But, you're a trooper and pushed through it.  You're a big boy....you weighed 21 pounds at that doctors appointment!  You'll be off the charts for sure!
 You absolutely LOVE your jumper.  I put you in that every morning while I get ready for the day.  I can shower, fix my hair and makeup all while you bounce and watch one Praise Baby DVD.  It's so fun to watch your face light up at those DVDs.  You really do enjoy them.  You've been on all sorts of trips and you're a great traveler.  You always fall right to sleep in the car and stay that way until we're to our destination.  We're so lucky!
 You really are a friendly baby.  I think a preacher's kid has to be that way!  You don't seem to mind all the people in your face every Sunday morning!  You're just like your daddy in that aspect.  You are so relaxed and don't mind others holding you.  It's pretty easy to make you laugh...but I'm the best at it!  Which, I love!  You squeal the ENTIRE day.  You make yourself laugh and I love watching that! 
 You're sleeping from 8-4 pretty regularly, eat and then go back to sleep until 7:30 or so.  You go down for bed so easily.  We started that schedule pretty early and you've got it down.  Napping....is still questionable.  While I was on maternity leave, I held you for most of your naps...I just loved the snuggle time.  So now, you want to be held for most naps.  We're slowly breaking you of that....but I sure do LOVE snuggling! 
 You still go to Miss Brenda 2 days a week and you love her too.  It's so comforting to know what great hands you're in.  Her grandson, Landon, comes too so you've got your first friend.  He's two months older than you, but you are about 2 inches taller!
 Precious Graham, you have taught me more about life, love and the Lord in your short 6 months than I've learned over the last 29 years of my life.  My heart overflows with love for you.  Daddy and I tell you every night that you're our favorite boy and there's nothing you could do to make us stop loving you.  That's the TRUTH and we'll continue to tell you that every night.  As I lay you down to sleep every night, it's my prayer that you'll walk closely to the Lord.  That you'll feel his love every day and that you'll bring joy to others like you bring to us. 
 I pray that you'll know Psalm 139...that you are fearfully and wonderfully made, HIS works are wonderful.  He knows you now, and he'll know you forever.  He's familiar with you, he created you. 
 He'll always be with you wherever you go, he will guide you, he'll walk along side you, he will hold fast to you.  He will protect you, comfort you, and LOVE you, precious son. 
 Gosh, I'm crying...like ugly crying.  You are our beloved.  Happy 6 months, you cutie!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Kat, he is precious! What a sweet smile! Sounds like y'all are doing well and enjoying every minute with your sweet boy. :) Have a great week!

Mom said...

Love him, Love you! Love the next to last picture with that little smirky grin! Cracks me up!